Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Raven Playtime on Mt. Hood


Taking a photo is an ephemeral thing.  It is fleeting, and if the opportunity is gone, it does not frequently return.  The light will not be the same, the moment, the conditions, you...none of it will happen exactly the same way to recreate your experience.  I have become better, as I age and shoot more and more, at seizing that moment, stopping whatever I am doing, and getting the shot.  This applies so much when I am driving.  I see a certain condition, or light, or subject, and have to know if I stop that it is not going to be a quick thing.  The right photo takes time, and often encompasses simple patience and waiting for that place in time when you get what you see in your mind's eye.  I have often yelled, danced, sung, or otherwise expressed my happiness aloud when I have gotten what I think I was after, most often with no one around...The joy of photography is not for everyone, but if you are bitten with the bug, it is gratifying.

No comments: